March 17, 2008

Support Letter Ethiopia 2008

Dear Family and Friends, March 10, 2008

I guess you can say, “Here we go again!” No, one summer in Africa was not enough. A week after I graduate from Washington State University, I will be serving in Ethiopia, Africa.

May is coming sooner than I can believe. I recently moved over to Seattle to finish my college credits through an internship. I work at a PR agency doing media tracking for various Nestle clients. I love being back in the city, living in a cute house and enjoying my wonderful roommates. Every weekend is a new outdoor adventure, even if it is just ‘riding bikes’ (by this I mean we ride bikes around the neighborhood, not those long endurance-training bike rides). May 3rd I will be graduating with a degree in Communications-Public Relations and from there it is off to Africa.

May 10th will mark the day that I begin the long journey to Mekelle, Ethiopia. In Ethiopia a team of us will be working at a youth center similar to the YMCA. Our work at the youth center will consist of tutoring students in English, organizing sports camps and educating the youth about HIV/AIDS. We will also be using any of our skills to create programs for the children- who knows, maybe i’ll be giving ballet lessons!

In addition to the update, I am writing you because I would like to ask you to come along side me in this mission. Whether it is through financial giving or prayer, the need is great. After my experience with the children in Malawi last summer I learned there is nothing more this world needs than prayer. In addition I have been asked to raise $3,200 for the expense. My internship has provided me with financial foundation for this trip, but unfortunately my hourly-wage does not add up. Any contribution to this trip is greatly appreciated. If you feel like God is calling you to contribute something but you do not know what, I will also be taking monetary donations to buy supplies to bring down including sports equipment, clothes and books.

Thank you for coming along side me thus far in whatever way you have. The support I have received is tremendous and has given me so much comfort in going back this year. I have a deep love for the people in Africa and I am excited to share with you the big things that will happen this summer.




* If you would like to support by donating money to buy items, please send the money directly to me. I will be updating everyone on what was bought with the money before I leave.
Mindy Behl
4417 Sunnyside Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98103

*Please include your email in the response cards and subscribe to my blog for regular updates: mbehl.blogspot.com

No comments: